Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Verbal Sunshine.


It is the one and only word that I actually remember the first time I heard it. I was in second grade and my teacher, Mrs. Yei, wrote it on our chalk board in giant letters...

COMPLIMENT

Why does that stick out in my mind? I have no idea. I just know I have no recollection at all of learning any other word I know. I was so excited when I got home from school that day. I explained to my family that you could tell somebody something that will make them feel proud to be who they are and that was called a compliment. I specifically remember explaining (in all of my 7 year old glory) that it was a very nice thing to do and everyone needed to start giving more compliments. It was like a light bulb went off and I had no idea why people were not doing this every single time they talked to someone.

Tonight, I'm allowing my blog to be inspired by my second grade self. It is time to send out some random compliments (in no particular order.) I decided I will do this regularly, so if you don't make this list, please check back! I have to save some people for later, you know. 

  • Chris: You are honestly the most hilarious person I've ever met. You have the ability to make me laugh no matter what kind of mood I'm in and that is not an easy thing to do. Also, you're pretty easy on the eyes. You are my perfect match and I don't think I'll ever stop wondering what I did to deserve you.
  • Mama: You are so amazingly strong. You have been through more than any mother should ever have to deal with, and you have handled it all with such grace. You have also accomplished so much over the last 2 years despite it all. I don't know how you do it!
  • Brittni G.: You're my homie! I think you are such a great mom to Cooper and I love watching you interact with him. He is amazing and I love being able to watch him grow up. You are also such an awesome friend to me and you're always there when I need you. BFF! Yep, I just said BFF. Haha!
  • Victoria B-S.: Watching you evolve over the last 5 years has been incredible. You are so gorgeous, courageous, and fun. I love talking with you and re-living my teenage years through your stories. I can't wait to see what's to come.
  • Peggy C.: You fit in so perfect with our family. I know I have told you before, but I'll say it again: I'm so happy my dad found you! You are so wonderful in every way. You are strong-willed and I admire how you fight for what you believe in.
  • Jentry L.: You are one of a few dear friends that I know I will have for life. You have a way of "chilling me out" that a lot of people don't have. You are one of the best dressers I have ever met and I know that whenever you are around, it will be a good time!
  • Alissa D.: You know I think you are one of the strongest women ever and I am eternally thankful for the love and compassion you show my brother. I love how from the beginning you were comfortable spending time with all of us and you took us as a package deal. 
  • Coco T.: I know you hear all the time how beautiful you are, but I want you to know that you are just as gorgeous on the inside. You have such a fun and sweet personality and I really wish we lived closer to each other so we could spend more time together.
  • Yvonne F.: Talk about making me smile! My mom and I have discussed for years the ability you have to light up a room. Your love and passion for God and for people just radiates from you. You are incredible.

I decided I will try to do this at least once a month. Keep an eye out, I want to make you smile next. I left some very important people out on purpose so I will have something to write about then. I love you all.



2 comments:

  1. What a great post!!! I hope people take time to make you smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? Are you serious! Sarah! Get the heck out.. this post did in fact make me smile. Not only did it make me smile, but it encouraged me, inspired me, and blessed me to know what an amazing person you are. With all the the trials and hardships you've been given, you are able to look beyond the gloom and radiate your energy in a positive way. When so many would be dwelling on themselves you have made an example with this post that you have an inner strength that only God can give to shower love, hope, and strenght on others around you. Sarah Smiles, you made me smile and I look up to YOU! I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete