Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Take Three.

Time for this week's new and improved check list! I realize this is more for my benefit than yours, so skip on over this one if you'd like to.
  • Chris and I need to get our TDAP vaccines, like, yesterday. I also need to talk with all of the grandparents and aunts and uncles who will be around Nolan and let them know it is recommended that they get it as well. We still don't have our shots (I know!) but we've talked to all of our family about getting theirs and some already have!
  • I need to get in contact with my short term disability company to make sure I have all of that in order and figure out exactly how much our check will be when he is born.
  • I still have so much cleaning and organizing to do. Obviously I have to set up his nursery, but I have a whole load of furniture that needs to be cleared out of my house before that can even start to happen. Everything is moved and we've started making some major progress on the nursery! Also, I got some quotes on a few deep-cleaning maid services in the area. I think it is going to be my treat to myself in a few weeks.
  • I haven't even looked at diaper bags. Bought one! We just have to pick it up tomorrow.
  • I can't decide on a mattress for his crib. It will be delivered on Thursday!
  • What? I need bedding to go in his crib too? Another decision I'm struggling with. I just put some sheets on my registry.
  • Maybe I should start with actually putting his crib together...or taking it out of the box... Done and done!
  • I think my insurance covers pumps but I haven't called them to check on what brand or anything else for that matter. I tried to call them yesterday, but they were closed. I'll try again today.
  • I haven't even started Christmas shopping. We made it through Christmas and New Year's Eve!
  • Christmas cards. Not this year. I just can't. We didn't decorate either.
  • I mentioned to Chris that I wanted to schedule a tour of the hospital I'll be delivering in. This may or may not get crossed of the list soon as well. Our tour is scheduled for 7:00 tonight! I'm happy we decided to actually go.
  • We have a few pediatricians that we want to interview. When? Who knows. Then we actually have to pick one. I decided to skip the interview. I found a doctor that came very highly recommended by a few of my friends and after realizing that he was the only one that was recommended to me that was taking new patients, my decision was made for me. I spent some time talking with his office on the phone today and I feel very confident with my choice. I can always change later if I don't like him. At least now I have one!
  • I just looked up a list of things to pack for the hospital...Heaven help me.
  • I haven't bought a new bra in over a year. The thought of even looking at nursing bras makes me want to vomit but I know I need to...eventually.
  • I need to finish Nolan's dresser and mirror that I'm refinishing for his room. I still have to do a second layer of paint on his mirror, but his dresser is done and looks awesome!
  • Lots and lots of baby (and mommy and daddy) laundry.
  • I need to get my FMLA paperwork to Kathy so she can get it done and I can get it turned in and crossed off this list. It is turned in and I just have to pick it up later this week and get it to my HR office.
  • We need to figure out what in the world is going on with Chris' job and his FMLA (like how he can even get his hands on the paperwork he needs?!) We were finally able to get his turned in to Kathy today. We were cutting it a little close with the deadline, but things are where they need to be!
  • I need to get the side panel on my car fixed so it isn't ripped up more and more each time we put a car seat in the backseat. My whole car needs to be cleaned really well when that is done. I'll be cleaning my car this week to have room for baby shower gifts. I think I want to save the deep-cleaning until a little closer to my EDD so it is all fresh for him!
  • I need to call my landlord and let him know that we will have another person living in our house in 8 weeks. Done! They are also coming over tomorrow to do a few small maintenance things around the house so I don't have to worry about them when Nolan is born.
  • Somewhere in the middle of all of that I'm supposed to eat healthy and balanced meals, pamper myself, enjoy these last couple of months of "freedom" with Chris, exercise, prop my legs up, and get lots and lots of rest (can you hear the sarcasm?) Right. I feel like it is getting easier!
Wow...that is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment