Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Little Avocado.

I suppose "Baby is beautiful" isn't really the pregnancy update people were expecting, so I decided to elaborate a little bit. I'm 16 weeks and starting to feel really great! My appetite is back with a vengeance, which I haven't decided if I like or not yet. My appointment last Wednesday was amazing. I was nervous about her trying to do the ultrasound on the outside of my belly because of how my uterus was positioned. The last time I had an external ultrasound was when we found out that Eden's heart stopped and it took her so long to pull up anything on the screen, so she finally went internally and we got the bad news. I was scared that she wouldn't be able to pull anything up right away this time and I would panic. But literally as soon as she set the wand on my stomach, baby popped up on the screen.

He was not quite as hyper as last time we saw him, but he was huge! Chris and I were really hopeful that I was far enough along to find out if baby is a boy or girl. No such luck. She didn't even want to take a guess because of how similar male parts and female parts look when they are so small. I still call baby "he" and Chris and I are certain that we'll be bringing home a son in February, but we'll have to wait a little while longer for confirmation.

She showed us how his organs are developing and we were able to see his heart, kidneys, bladder, stomach, brain, spine, ribs, and umbilical cord pumping blood. She said everything is looking wonderful and he was measuring right at 15 weeks on the dot (I was 15 weeks the day of my appointment.) She switched the ultrasound over to 4D so we could try to get a good look at his face, but he is shy. The picture I posted last week was the best one we got, and I can't stop looking at it. That's our baby!

As for me, things are looking great there too. She picked up the picture of our baby right in the middle of my belly, which means my uterus is back to where it should be. My thyroid levels look wonderful, so there should be no more adjusting my medications. I'm officially off progesterone and the aftermath has passed. I gained my first pound of the entire pregnancy from weeks 12-15, which my midwife was happy about. Overall, things are looking perfect! Chris and I could not be more thrilled.

I can't express to you how loved this baby is. Eden made me appreciate every single part of this pregnancy. I might not enjoy it all, but I appreciate it and wouldn't trade it for anything. I can't wait to feel him kicking (so far, only a few tiny flutters.) Keep growing, little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment