Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Emo. Tio. Nal.

Happy 4th of July!

Enter: Crazy, emotional lady.
Today has been...a day. I feel like I'm slightly off my rocker. I got off work at 7:00 in the morning on the 4th, and it ended with a tragic call (for those who don't know, I'm a dispatcher) which sort of set the tone. I went home and went to bed, then woke up in tears. I was sad that I missed the parade. I was sad that I woke up alone (Chris was having fun with his family, which I also felt like I was missing out on.) I was sad I wasn't in Michigan on vacation with my dad. I was sad that the 4th of July was almost over and I had slept all day. I was sad that Paisley was going to be scared of the fireworks. I was sad that  my mom was home by herself on a holiday. I was sad that my brother had to work.

I sat on my couch and cried. A little emo? I think so.

But Chris got home and told me to pull myself together so we could have some fun. I got dressed and we brought Paisley over to my mom's so they would both have some company. Then we walked around the park to look at the different vendors. We grabbed dinner and ice cream, went back to my mom's house, and spent some time laughing on her back porch with her and the dogs.

We made it home before dark so I didn't hit any children lighting off fireworks in the street and instead of staying up for the rest of the festivities, we just went to bed. I snuggled up with Paisley and pulled the blanket up over her ears so she couldn't hear the fireworks. We just slept until I had to get up and go to work.

Normally I love the 4th of July! Oh well, we'll try again next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment