Friday, March 30, 2012

So In Love.

My baby boy will be seven weeks old on Tuesday. He is growing more and more handsome every day. I can't help but to sit and stare at this amazing person that my body created. He is truly a work of art.

His personality is emerging and it is feisty! He will cuddle with us for about 30 seconds a day and the rest of the time he is Mr. Independent. His absolute favorite thing to do right now is stretch out on a blanket on the floor and listen to music. He opens his mouth, makes cooing noises, and franticly kicks his legs and moves his arms. He will move his head from side to side and it really looks like he is dancing. Chris played the guitar for him for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I'm so happy I recorded it. He loved it! It was such a sweet moment between the two of them.

He is finally fitting in 0-3 month clothes and is growing so fast! He is now eating between four and five ounces in a feeding when just a couple of weeks ago he was only eating two. He's stopped vomiting and hardly ever spits up. He is so cute after he eats-he sticks his tummy out and holds it with his hands while he sleeps.

We are getting the hang of things! We go to bed around midnight after he eats and he wakes up at 4:00 and 7:00 for short feedings. We'll all go back to sleep until around 10:00 when we get up for the day. He is very predictable at night which I appreciate. Last night I put him in his bed when he was still wide awake and he put himself to sleep within five minutes. He knows that nighttime is for sleeping and daytime is for playing and we do lots of both!

I feel like I love him more and more every second. I am torn between not wanting today to end and not being able to wait for tomorrow because I know it will bring something amazing. Yesterday I did not even want to go take a shower because he was so close to his first smile. Every moment is so precious and I'm not taking one of them for granted. I'm blessed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment