Friday, March 2, 2012

Blessed.

Chris and I have the most incredible friends and family ever. We brought Nolan home on the evening of the 15th and since then, we have not had to make a single meal for ourselves. My mom made us freezer meals (chicken soup, lasagna, cheesy chicken and rice, and enchiladas.) Our friends Cody and Cindy organized a hot meal drop off for the first week we were home. We had dinner delivered by a different friend each night for a week. It was so fun to be able to see people and amazing to not have to worry about what was for dinner that night. Chris' family took care of breakfast two mornings (bagels one morning and homemade waffles the second.) After the first week, we had one day that dinner was not covered so my dad and Peggy got us a pizza. After that, our church family took over and we've had hot meals delivered every night this week as well.

I feel so overcome with joy and gratitude. I can't believe how loved we are or how giving people can be. The time and energy people have put into putting these meals together is so much more than we could have ever expected from anyone. I had no idea how much work it was going to be to have a newborn and I honestly believe if we hadn't been blessed in the way we have, we wouldn't have really been eating at all. Food has been the last thing on my mind but there is no better reminder that we need nourishment than a delicious meal brought to our door by someone we love.

Our first couple of weeks home have been long but we're getting the hang of things. Part of me can't believe it is already March and my baby will be a month old before we know it...the other part can't remember life without him. He brings me so much happiness. I look at him and feel like my heart is going to explode. I have never been so tired in my entire life, but I wouldn't change it for the world. He is growing so fast and becoming his own person right before our eyes. I love watching his personality emerge and seeing him develop. He makes me laugh every single day and I still can't believe this is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment