Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Missing In Action.

So much to write about. So little time!

Actually...I have plenty of time. We'll just call it so little motivation. This will be a blanket update and when I upload my new pictures I'll do a full post on Park City and Eden's day as well as a post on the wonderful gift I received from my lovely friend Brittni. I should also do a more detailed update on Nolan...sheesh, I'm behind.

Well, here is my best blanket:

Park City was healing and beautiful and relaxing and I have a bunch of pictures that I can't wait to post. I survived October 7 without shedding a tear (writing my last blog entry was a whole different story.) I have the best husband and partner in crime that anyone could ever ask for. So that's that for now.

I'm a day shy of 25 weeks pregnant with my little man and I'm so in love. Chris felt his first really hard kick on October 15 and I'll never forget it. He has felt little wiggles here and there, but I've always secretly questioned if he was really feeling Nolan or if he was just telling me he was to make me happy. Around the 11 or 12, I felt my first really hard kick that made my belly bounce and my hand jump. I knew that once Chris felt that, there would be no questioning. But, of course, Nolan was a stinker and stopped kicking every single time I told Chris to feel for him.

On the 15, we had a Halloween party with  my family. We spent the evening on a ghost tour of our city then went back to my dad's house for chili, junk food, and a scary movie. Chris and I were on the couch and everyone was lost in the creepy disgustingness of the show when baby boy started going nuts (sugar rush!) I grabbed Chris by the hand and just moved it to rest on my belly while we finished watching the movie. All of a sudden BAM!!! Nolan made a soccer ball out of daddy's hand and kicked it harder than I have ever felt him kick. Chris screamed "Oh my gosh!" and pulled his hand away in surprise and (he won't admit this) a tiny bit of fear. No doubt he felt it that time. He's been a little squeemish to touch my stomach ever since that night. Haha!

I had a panic moment realizing I'm down to around 15 weeks and this kid will be here. My dad and Peggy are amazing and gave us money to purchase a stroller and car seat. After about a million trips to the store, I decided on this set:



I still can't believe that I'll have a baby to put in them in just a few months! I'm so ready for him to be here. Chris' dad and mom graciously offered to buy us a crib, so I just ordered that tonight! We decided on this one:


I've gone back and forth on nursery decor and I really think I'm to the point where I'm just going to go with colors and decorate with whatever I like instead of having a specific theme. I know I want chocolate brown, orange, and ivory...possibly some teal...I'm so indecisive. We have this painting in our house:


I keep coming back to it whenever I think of Nolan's room. Chris is an amazing guitar player and music played a huge role in he and I even dating in the first place. I like to think Nolan will have some sort of appreciation for what Chris and I love so much. Even if he doesn't, it is still a cute nursery idea, right? I'm really considering just working around this painting and not worrying about a "bird" or "music" or "owl" or "whatever" theme. When he gets old enough, he can decide what he wants his room to look like. For now, I just want it to be a fun and relaxing place for us to get to know each other.

I can't wait to actually meet him...

1 comment: