- I hate doing laundry with a passion. Such a passion that if I'm out of clean clothes, I'll usually go buy a new outfit (including underwear) to get out of putting anything in the washer.
- I hardly ever get jealous when Chris thinks another woman is physically attractive. I do, however, get extremely jealous when he thinks another woman is funny. If she can make him laugh, I have beef with her.
- I associate most 80's songs with an old VHS tape I had of a cartoon Barbie concert. If you ask me who sings "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul, I'll tell you "Barbie" every single time.
- I have had Thanksgiving dinner for my birthday in May for years. Once a year just isn't enough for my mom's turkey and gravy.
- When I was in high school, I had really long, blond hair that almost reached my butt. After graduation I chopped it to my chin and colored it black with a box at home. It cost nearly $300.00 and took 3 trips to the salon (with different levels of orange hair between trips) to get my hair back to normal.
- Sometimes if I don't have anything interesting to talk about with Chris, I'll make up a story. It'll usually start out with "Oh! Did you hear..." and then I'll come up with something random like "that the guy who played the black Power Ranger in the first season was riding a bull and got electrocuted?" He used to believe me every time, but after 5 1/2 years, he questions almost every bit of celebrity gossip I tell him.
- Before I got pregnant, I couldn't drink milk unless I was eating warm cookies or cake because I thought it tasted like cheese. Now I go through a gallon every couple of days.
- I spend what I think borders on an unhealthy amount of time thinking about what my life would be like without certain people in it. I go through my family members and loved ones and ask myself how I would feel about my last interaction with them if I never saw them again. I spend a lot of time taking in details of people when I'm around them (the way their hair falls when they turn their head...the way they smell when they walk by...the way their chest rises up and down when they breathe...the way the corners of their eyes wrinkle when they laugh...) so that hopefully I won't feel like I took them for granted if anything happens to them and that was my last moment to be with them.
- I wish technology would just stop right where it is at. I like CDs and my old slider phone that I've had for 3 years and my boring laptop computer. I don't mind putting gas in my car and I appreciate that it doesn't talk to me while I'm driving. I just bought my first digital camera because I've always loved the feeling of getting a roll of film developed. I don't have an Ipod, I don't have Internet or games on my phone, and I don't have more than 7 channels on my TV. I don't feel like I'm missing anything either (my sweet husband would beg to differ.)
- I never thought that at 25 years old, I would be so content with my life. I am happy deep down inside where normally bitterness and sadness hides in people. My life is not perfect, but I would not change a thing. I feel blessed to be able to say that and know I'm not hiding anything.
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
10 Things You Never Wanted To Know.
I'm bored and I still don't have my pictures uploaded to finish my important posts I'm working on, so here are ten random things you never knew you wanted to know and will probably never care about. Enjoy.