Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful.

A lot of my Facebook friends have been listing one thing they are thankful for each day this month and will continue to do so until Thanksgiving. I haven't been doing this because 1) I am not on Facebook enough and I would feel horribly guilty if I missed a day and 2) I tend to get a little obsessive about things like this and I feel like it would take the fun and the thankfulness out of it for me because I'd be too focused on my sentence structure and the flow of everything listed from week to week.

Horrible excuses, right? I have so much to be thankful for in my life right now. Why not type it out? I'm doing all 30 days of November in one happy post (to avoid the guilt of missing a day on Facebook.)

  1. I'm thankful for my health and the fact that I can get up and go to work each day without it being an issue.
  2. I'm thankful that I have a husband that supports me and stands by me no matter what crazy ideas I come up with. I couldn't ask for a better partner in life.
  3. I'm thankful for my son that I can't wait to meet and the fact that he is so strong and healthy and amazing.
  4. I'm thankful that my family loves Chris and Nolan as much as I do.
  5. I'm thankful for my home and vehicle that keep me extremely comfortable.
  6. I'm thankful that I don't have to worry about where my next meal is coming from. We always have food on the table and (some) money in our pockets. Our needs are met and then some.
  7. I'm thankful for the short time I got to be pregnant with Eden. I'd do it all over again to have another 13 weeks with her.
  8. I'm thankful for my mom who works harder than any woman I know and has always been a perfect example of what a strong woman should be.
  9. I'm thankful for my dad who has always been there for me and supported me when I've needed it the most.
  10. I'm thankful that I have loving parents who have taught me how to work hard and given me the skills and personality needed to succeed.
  11. I'm thankful for Peggy and Scott who have stepped in and taken on the roles of loving and supportive parents when they didn't have to.
  12. I'm thankful for Chris' family and how they have taken me into theirs as one of their own children.
  13. I'm thankful for the gifts Nolan has received from people who already love him so much and haven't even met him yet.
  14. I'm thankful that I can almost put my hair in a ponytail with no bobby pins to hold it up.
  15. I'm thankful for how easy this pregnancy has been and that I've hardly been sick at all.
  16. I'm thankful that my mom and brothers decided to come to church with us last weekend.
  17. I'm thankful that I have already done the grocery shopping for dinner tomorrow so I can curl up on the couch with Chris and cuddle instead of having to run to the store for food.
  18. I'm thankful for the security of my job and the work I'm able to do each day. It feels good to leave in the morning feeling like I've made a difference.
  19. I'm thankful for the work my coworkers (the police officers and firefighters) do each day and that they are willing to put their lives on the line to keep others safe.
  20. I'm thankful for the military and the many friends and family I have that have that have fought for our freedom and the freedom of so many people they'll never meet.
  21. I'm thankful for my sweet pets Star and Paisley and my family's pets JoJo, Fozzie, Lilly, and Gidget. they really do make life so much more fun!
  22. I'm thankful for the truth that good really does come of bad and everything happens for a reason. I've been blessed to have that shown to me again and again.
  23. I'm thankful that my family is willing to celebrate holidays on days when everyone can get together so I can still enjoy their company and the celebration even though I have to work on most actual holidays.
  24. I'm thankful that I found a pair of maternity dress slacks that fit well and are actually long enough for my legs.
  25. I'm thankful that both of my parents live within 15 minutes of my house.
  26. I'm thankful that Nolan will grow up with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and one day cousins that live near him and will be around to celebrate birthdays and holidays.
  27. I'm thankful that Nolan's grandparents and aunt that don't live in Utah love him enough to want to be a part of his life and are still willing to make a trip out to see him when he is born.
  28. I'm thankful for every boyfriend I had before Chris because they all did their part to shape me into the perfect wife for him.
  29. I'm thankful I have the ability to love as deep as I do and no amount of pain I've suffered has shut that part of me down.
  30. I'm thankful for God and how He pulls me back in every single time I stray.

No comments:

Post a Comment