Saturday, May 19, 2012

Three Months.

This post is a couple of days late. I've been pretty busy with work and...work... Anyways, little boy is a quarter of a year old! He is such an amazing baby and I don't have to have a more difficult child to know how blessed I am. He puts himself to sleep every night. He hardly ever cries. He smiles and laughs and hugs and coos like nobody's business.

I miss not being able to be with him all day, every day. He is learning and growing so fast. He has just become enthralled by his toys. This morning he woke up before I was ready to get out of bed so I put a little stuffed elephant in his cradle with him. He went nuts! He gets this hilarious look in his eyes when he is focusing really hard on something. He sort of squints and goes cross eyed and bats at whatever he is playing with. I could watch him for hours.

His hair is getting longer so I can put a little bit of Vaseline in it and spike it into a mohawk. He looks adorable. It never stays up for very long though.

He is still wearing 0-3 month clothes with a couple of 3-6 month items thrown in here and there. We had to switch him to size 2 diapers which I was a little sad about. We have a bunch of size 1 diapers that will now be turned into a diaper cake or something.

He laughed for the first time on April 27 and rolled over for the first time from tummy to back on May 15.

I had a hard time getting him to smile for his 3 month pictures. He is really interested in the camera and whenever I take it out, he stops whatever he is doing and stares at it. When the camera is put away, he basically never stops smiling. He has the most handsome, crooked smile. He won't laugh regularly. I've only been able to get about 5 deep belly laughs out of him. He giggles at the most random things! The first time he really laughed, I was pretending to tickle him. Now he just laughs at me laughing. He kills me.

Now, it is time for Nolan Loves and Nolan Doesn't Like!

Nolan Loves:
  • Clapping. I'll clap his hands together and say "Clap, clap, clap, clap!" If it doesn't get a belly laugh, it at least gets a major smile every single time.
  • Toys. His favorites are his plastic keys and rattles. He loves anything with a ring he can grab onto.
  • Family. He is starting to recognize faces other than ours. He is starting to greet his grandparents with some pretty big smiles.
  • Eating. I am pretty sure it is another growth spurt, but he is up to 7 ounces a feeding.
  • The Swaddle Game. I'd rather it not be a game, but he loves it. Whenever we try to swaddle him at night, he "walks out of it" and grins up at us. It might be time to retire the swaddle.
  • Licking. I call him my little lint licker. He discovered his tongue and it was all downhill from there.
Nolan Doesn't Like:
  • Lotion. I hated it when I was little, too. No big deal.
  • Sleeping In. Once 6:30 rolls around, he is up for the day!
I struggled with the "Doesn't Like" section this time. He is seriously so laid-back. Feed him, hug him, and talk to him...he's happy. How did I get so lucky?


This picture is so sweet that I am choosing to ignore that he's flipping of the camera. You should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment