Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Progress.

Here is my new and improved list. What a difference a few days can make! I obviously still have so much to do but I'm starting to feel like it is possible for us to get it all done before Nolan makes his debut.
  • Chris and I need to get our TDAP vaccines, like, yesterday. I also need to talk with all of the grandparents and aunts and uncles who will be around Nolan and let them know it is recommended that they get it as well. I talked to some family and just need to talk to a few more people. We're hoping to get our shots tomorrow.
  • I need to get in contact with my short term disability company to make sure I have all of that in order and figure out exactly how much our check will be when he is born.
  • I still have so much cleaning and organizing to do. Obviously I have to set up his nursery, but I have a whole load of furniture that needs to be cleared out of my house before that can even start to happen. Furniture is moved and I've made some major progress on cleaning this week!
  • I haven't even looked at diaper bags. Bought one! We just have to pick it up tomorrow.
  • I can't decide on a mattress for his crib. It will be delivered on Thursday!
  • What? I need bedding to go in his crib too? Another decision I'm struggling with. I just put some sheets on my registry.
  • Maybe I should start with actually putting his crib together...or taking it out of the box... Done and done!
  • I think my insurance covers pumps but I haven't called them to check on what brand or anything else for that matter.
  • I haven't even started Christmas shopping. I should be done tomorrow!
  • Christmas cards. Not this year. I just can't. We didn't decorate either.
  • I mentioned to Chris that I wanted to schedule a tour of the hospital I'll be delivering in. This may or may not get crossed of the list soon as well.
  • We have a few pediatricians that we want to interview. When? Who knows. Then we actually have to pick one.
  • I just looked up a list of things to pack for the hospital...Heaven help me.
  • I haven't bought a new bra in over a year. The thought of even looking at nursing bras makes me want to vomit but I know I need to...eventually.
  • I need to finish Nolan's dresser and mirror that I'm refinishing for his room. I'm not crossing this off, but at least it is now sitting in the nursery instead of my mom's driveway.
  • Lots and lots of baby (and mommy and daddy) laundry.
  • I need to get my FMLA paperwork to Kathy so she can get it done and I can get it turned in and crossed off this list. I have an appointment next Wednesday and she told me to bring it in then.
  • We need to figure out what in the world is going on with Chris' job and his FMLA (like how he can even get his hands on the paperwork he needs?!) Hopefully he'll have his paperwork by Wednesday so we can get it in together.
  • I need to get the side panel on my car fixed so it isn't ripped up more and more each time we put a car seat in the backseat. My whole car needs to be cleaned really well when that is done.
  • I need to call my landlord and let him know that we will have another person living in our house in 8 weeks.
  • Somewhere in the middle of all of that I'm supposed to eat healthy and balanced meals, pamper myself, enjoy these last couple of months of "freedom" with Chris, exercise, prop my legs up, and get lots and lots of rest (can you hear the sarcasm?) Right. I'm trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment