Thursday, June 9, 2011

I've Been Shown How It Is Done.

When I started this blog, I had one goal: to change the world. It seems almost impossible, right? Well, it isn't. Do you want to know how I know? I've seen it done.

He did it.

This is one of my brother's best friends. His name is Nick Raitt, and he passed away on June 2 of a very rare childhood cancer called Rhabdomyosarcoma. He was diagnosed in 2007 and in the four years following that, he accomplished more than you would believe if I told you. I would like to challenge you to read his story. My prayer is he will inspire you as he did me. This is a man who knew how to make a difference. He is still changing the world, even though his life here has ended. What a legacy he left. I could not be more proud to have the connection I do with Nick and I am thankful God gave me such a remarkable example as I continue my journey to try and make a difference.

I am so excited to see what Nick's WACKY Warriors do to change the word "cancer" as we know it. As his mother so beautifully put it, let's "change the Huntsman into a hotel." I believe with all of my heart that this can be a reality. Let us make it happen together.

To Nick's family: You are in my prayers daily and you are loved more than you know.
To Nick: Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Godspeed, little man.


No comments:

Post a Comment