Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dear Nolan.


You will never have to earn my love. 
I was created to do so. 
On the day I was born, I began my journey to you. 
My first breath, my first smile, my first steps, my first words...every milestone brought me closer to the day that my heart would be filled with the most pure and unconditional love I have ever known. 
You have brought out a deeper and more intense level of feeling than I knew was possible. 
If I could kiss every hair on your head, I would a million times over. 
I love the good you. 
I love the sad you.
Forever I will love the beautiful and the ugly. 

There is nothing you can do that will change the way I feel for you. 
I will love every ounce of your being until I die, no matter what. 
You are not perfect. 
You never will be. 
You are going to grow and you will fall. You will make mistakes that will hurt you. You will hurt me. 
There will likely come a time that you will turn your back on me. 
You will stretch your wings and stumble clumsily from my arms. 
Whether it takes you one try to soar or thirty, you must know that I will be there. 

You are beautiful. 
You, my love, are so much more than I can take credit for. 
My body housed God's most incredible work. 
How blessed am I that He trusted me with someone so precious? 
Even more so that He chose me to love you the way He loves me. 
This is my promise to you. 
I will do as He requires foremost of me as your mommy. 
Forever. 
For always. 



2 comments:

  1. This made me cry, It is obvious you have discovered the meaning of being a mother. True and unconditional love that will last for a lifetime. I am so proud of you and my heart is filled with love for your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete