Monday, January 17, 2011

When The Floor Recedes, The Rock Is There.

2 Corinthians 12:9  "But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

I am a broken, pathetic, and crumbling human being. For as much faith as I would like to think I have, I put an outrageous amount of pressure on myself. My husband and I made a decision to better our life together, and I have not been able to make that a reality. It is killing me. I feel like a failure on so many levels. I left to work last night feeling completely defeated and ready to just give up.

But I won't.

It has been proven to me time and time again that I do NOT know what is best for my life. Every time I fight for control, I wish I hadn't. I am embarrassed by my weakness. More so, I'm amazed that no matter how naive I may act, I am completely taken care of again and again by The One who is begging me to stop fighting.This situation is no different. My heart is as weak as it has ever been, and His power is flawless. There is a reason that things are not working out...I just need to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment