Monday, May 23, 2011

Birthdays: God's Way Of Telling Us To Eat More Cake.

I love birthdays. Ask anyone that knows me. It isn't just my birthday, I love all birthdays. I can think of so many times that I have found out it was a person's birthday and all of a sudden it doesn't matter if the other 364 days a year we don't get along or if it is my best friend in the world- I want to make their day wonderful. I get all emotional and think about how happy their mom and dad were on that day when they were born...I imagine them as a brand new baby...then I get thinking about all of their birthday parties when they were little...the cakes...the party hats...the screaming little kids...Gah. I love it.

I even get excited thinking about my dog's birthdays. Sheesh, this is an embarrassing post! I had a birthday party for Paisley when she turned one. I went all out...birthday cake, treat bags, presents, the whole shabang. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I have been this way since I was a little kid. I can't help it.

Did I mention I love birthdays?!

Today I am officially half way to fifty. My mom made me "Thanksgiving" and red velvet cupcakes for my birthday dinner yesterday (we celebrated early so Chris can take me out tonight.) It was amazing, as always. It was great to just spend time with my family, relax, laugh, and gear up for this next year of life.

Bring it on, 25!



1 comment:

  1. You are a girl after my own heart! Birthdays can be soso exciting and magical.

    Happy Birthday to you -Sarah! I hope you have a great day, making for a great start to another year. Much happiness to you, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete